With the football season in full swing, it’s time to start watching the games and spending Sunday afternoons with friends and family. A common meal served for these crowds is chili and here’s a recipe for Two Bean Turkey Chili that’s sure to be a winner!
Two Bean Turkey Chili
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onion, small dice
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- 1 jalapeno, diced with seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 pound pulled cooked turkey meat (or cooked ground)
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2.5 cups turkey broth
- 2 cans Rotel tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup cornmeal, white or yellow
In a skillet, heat the oil and saute the onion, garlic, red pepper, and jalapeno until soft and beginning to caramelize. Add the turkey, chili powder, cumin, and salt. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Next, add the turkey broth, Rotel, beans, heavy cream and cornmeal. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer, cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve and garnish with dollops of sour cream, grated cheese, green onions and, my favorite, fresh cilantro.