Here is a great twist on a recipe that most of us are familiar with. It is adapted from a Taste of Home meatball recipe. Instead, I used country style venison sausages sliced 3/4 inch thick, but this recipe is great with frozen beef, pork, or even bison meatballs. The tang of the cranberry with a little zip from the chili is a great way to refresh a party hit!
Cranberry Chili Sausages
- 2 cans (14 ounces) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 2 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 lbs fully cooked homestyle venison sausage (or meatballs)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the first six ingredients; stir until sugar is dissolved. Add sausages; cook for 20-25 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally. Yield: about 30 servings.