RSS

Gourmet Baby – Apricot Cherry Cobbler

13 Jan

Here is a recipe that I put together tonight and it was a huge success!  Of course, my only panel of judges was my son and a friend, but considering that it stopped my sons crying fit on the spot, I will claim victory!  Apricots and cherries are rather tart flavors for a baby, but nothing to shy away from.  For example, some of my sons favorite teething snacks are oranges and dill pickles.  Since my intentions were for my son to eat several ounces of this food and not just taste, I decided to mellow out the tartness with a small amount of brown sugar, but an over ripe banana would be an excellent option for those that are concerned about using sugar.  Another way to make this recipe your own would be to add more or less oatmeal, depending on the texture your child feels comfortable eating.

Gourmet Baby – Apricot Cherry Cobbler

• 2 cans halved apricots in fruit juice
  • 1 can pitted tart cherries in water
  • 2 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 /2 tsp  cinnamon
  • 1/3 cup infant oatmeal

Combine all ingredients in food processor and puree for 45 seconds until smooth.  Enjoy!

Makes 16 ounces. (Freeze in cubes, break apart and store in zip-lock bags until ready to use.)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Avatar of cassie

cassie

January 13, 2011 at 2:29 am

these are great! I am sending them to my friend Kris who has a baby boy and likes to make his food for him. Keep them coming! :)

2. Avatar of Everyday Gourmet

Everyday Gourmet

January 13, 2011 at 3:18 am

Glad you are liking them!

3. Peach Cobbler Recipe

January 14, 2011 at 12:49 pm

I’ve never seen anything like this before. How wonderful! I look forward to trying it out. Thanks for the post. :)

4. online loans

December 2, 2014 at 9:34 am

Inside the month before, Morgan Stanley ?17 million square feet of office buildings to
    Barclays Investment capital after attaining them to get $6.

5. relocating need to sell house

December 3, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on moving need to sell house fast ct.
    Regards

6. Video Marketing

December 4, 2014 at 10:15 am

Thanks for the good writeup. It in truth was a amusement account it.
    Glance complex to far introduced agreeable from you!
    By the way, how can we communicate?

7. Chiropractor Definition

December 4, 2014 at 9:28 pm

If some one wants expert view about running a blog then i
    recommend him/her to go to see this weblog, Keep up the
    pleasant job.

8. Ty Rhame

December 5, 2014 at 3:30 am

Financial Accounting is also determine the best way to use company fund to
    improve future opportunities to earn more income and minimize
    the impact of financial crisis. Think about how “Just do it” defines Nike’s philosophy on playing sports,
    or Avis’s “We try harder” defines customer services operations.
    This could be a good way to document your online presence, show your audience your featured blog posts or create a guide to assist customers as they order your products.

9. tooth keepsake

December 6, 2014 at 2:24 pm

You should take part in a contest for one of the greatest blogs on the
    net. I’m going to recommend this web site!

10. smslån

December 20, 2014 at 3:41 am

whoah this blog is magnificent i really like
    studying your articles. Stay up the good work! You understand, many
    people are searching around for this information, you could aid them greatly.

11. Avatar of Everyday Gourmet

Everyday Gourmet

January 19, 2011 at 4:11 pm

I love that site! It’s very informative! I have used in the past and noted in the recipe people could feel free to add natural sugars of bananas, and I used canned apricots without sugar, just juice. I did check with my pediatrician before using sugar and he said that it’s perfectly fine to sweeten foods in moderation. My husband and I decided that we were not going to limit our son, he can always have a bite of anything he wants to try, be it sugar or spice. I will limit the amount he consumes, but he can always try it. :-) I hope you enjoy some of the other recipes!