Here is recipe for three of my favorite foods in one! This is beautiful when served in a wine glass with a dollop of greek yogurt over the top. (Vanilla bean ice cream is great, too) The leftovers of this recipe can be pureed in a food processor with a touch of orange juice and it makes fantastic popsicles!
Strawberries with Balsamic and Basil
- 1/2 cup balsamic glaze, i prefer Gia Russa brand. (It is available locally at hornbachers or on amazon.com)
- 2 Tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- 2 lbs strawberries, trimmed and halved
In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients. Let stand for 5 to 1o minutes. Stir again right before serving.