15 minute chicken marsala for 2
- 1 large garlic and herb marinated chicken breast (I find mine in the meat department of the local grocery store – about 10-12 ounces each)
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp craked black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped or grated with zester
- 3/4 cup marsala wine
- 2 Tbsp cold butter, unsalted
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Sprinkle chicken breast with 1 tbsp of flour on each side. Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in frying pan until shimmering using medium/high heat. Brown chicken breast in pan for 2 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan and place in baking dish. Bake chicken for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, using the same pan the chicken was browned in, add one tablespoon olive oil, mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Saute mushrooms for 4 minutes over medium heat until they have reduced in size and the edges have released moisture and are starting to turn golden brown. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute, being sure not to brown garlic. Deglaze the pan with marsala wine, being sure to get all of the brown bits off of the bottom of the pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 4 minutes. Remove pan from heat and whisk in 2 tbsp of cold butter.
Remove chicken from oven, slice and pour mushroom sauce over the chicken. Serve and Enjoy!