Are you busy looking for quick and easy side dishes for family gatherings? Here is a tasty and healthy one from Cooking Light. In fact, it’s listed named “Best Vegetable Side Dish” in their 20th anniversary issue. I prefer to garnish it with a little fresh orange or lemon zest and plenty of fresh cracked black pepper.
Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Brown Butter
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Cracked black pepper (optional)
- Grated lemon rind (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Arrange asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until tender.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Drizzle over asparagus, tossing well to coat. Garnish with cracked pepper and rind, if desired.