After a few days of consuming too many “fun” sized candy bars, I was feeling a little guilty and was looking for something a little more nutritious to eat for lunch that could help get me through these next few calorie glazed months! For this mayo-free Greek Pesto Chicken Salad, I used leftover rotisserie chicken, but this would work great with any cooked chicken. (or even turkey after thanksgiving) Serve this over a bed of lettuce, on top of cucumber slices, crackers or garlic toast as an appetizer, or as a hearty filling for a sandwich for the days when you are just plain hungry. Enjoy!
Greek Pesto Chicken Salad
- 2 cups pulled or dice chicken, light or dark meat
- 2/3 cups Greek yogurt, plain, zero fat
- 1/4 cup store bought pesto, I prefer one from Sam’s Club – it tastes so close to fresh
- 1/2 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted, thinly sliced. (I didn’t have these today, but I know they would be great!)
Place all ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl and toss until they are evenly coated and well combined. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!