Here is a recipe for one of my favorite busy weekday or weekend meals! It’s doesn’t get much quicker than sauteed shrimp and I can’t resist the delicious blend of garlic, ginger, and spice! For those of you that might still be clinging on to your new years resolution to eat well, have no fear! This tasty dish can stay off of the naughty list too!
Garlic Ginger Chili Shrimp
- 1 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp agave nectar or honey
- 1 lb shrimp (25 or less per lb)
- 1 tbsp grated ginger, fresh
- 3 cloves minced garlic, fresh
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, more if you like it hot!
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
In large saute pan, heat oil over high heat until shimmering. Add all ingredients to the pan and saute this shrimp just until they start to curl and turn opaque. Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle with sesame seeds and cilantro. Serve over brown or jasmine rice, a leafy green salad or even as an appetizer. Enjoy!