Looking for something new and really easy to serve during the big game this Sunday? How about Baked Bean and Pork Fritters? This recipe doesn’t involve too much prep, can be made a few days ahead, and it is sure to impress your guests! Serve these little balls of goodness with your favorite barbecue sauce and you have a sure winner!
Baked Bean & Pork Fritters
- 1-15 oz can baked beans with brown sugar and bacon, drained, not rinsed (or any flavor of your choosing)
- 1.5 cups finely shredded pulled pork in barbecue sauce, I used Jack Daniels pork and shredded it a little exta
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- barbecue sauce for dipping
In a medium bowl using a fork, smash half of the beans into a paste. Add the pork and remaining half of the beans. Stir until evenly combined. Using a teaspoon, shape into bite (or two) sized balls. Place on cookie sheet and freeze for 1 hour or up until ready to serve. When ready to fry, prepare breading station by placing the flour, eggs, and panko in 3 separate bowls. Roll each ball in the flour, roll in egg until well coated and then roll the ball in the panko, being sure all areas are well covered. Set aside. Heat peanut oil to 375. Carefully fry the balls in the peanut until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Remove from oil using a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towel. Can hold in 200 degree oven until time to serve. Serve with barbecue sauce and enjoy! Makes 20 fritters.