What’s better than starting your weekend off at a fantastic restaurant and splitting a warm bowl of spinach artichoke dip with your favorite people? How about when you can make it in your own oven and know that it will taste even better than the last restaurant you ordered it in! Here is my version of the ultimate spinach artichoke dip. This recipe also works great if you would like to bake half and freeze half. Just pull it out of your freezer the morning you would like to bake it so that it has time to thaw. What a great treat to come home to!
Warm Spinach Artichoke Dip
- 8oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, I used chardonnay
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or 1/4 teaspoon if you don’t want as much heat)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, cracked
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic, fresh minced
- 2/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed to ensure all excess moisture is out
- 1- 8 ounce jar or artichokes, drained and rough chopped
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Put the cream cheese and the mayonnaise in a medium sized bowl. Using a fork, cream together. Add the seasonings and continue to stir until well combined. Add feta cheese, artichokes and spinach and mix until well distributed. Pour mixture into oven safe baking dish. Top with Parmesan cheese and bake for 30-45 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and the cheese is melted and golden brown. Enjoy!