Even though its s beautiful Saturday morning, my son and I need to grab breakfast on the go. This delicious smoothie recipe has it all! Protein, Fruit, and the added fiber from oatmeal to keep us from getting hungry an hour later. You can try many different types of fruit with this and I will share the recipes with you as we make them this summer, but for this morning, my son got to choose and he picked strawberry. So here it is!
Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothies for 2
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt (I used plain, but you could really use any flavor)
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple, fresh
- 1/2 medium banana, sliced
- 12 large strawberries, hulls removed
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oatmeal, not quick oats
- 1.5 cups ice (more or less as desired)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tbsp agave nectar or honey (optional)
Place all ingredients in blender and blend on high until smooth, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Enjoy!